It is necessary to carry out partition recovery on Mac when you lost or delete some partition accidently. This article tells you how to recover deleted partition on Mac.
Try Free Try Free
When you purchase a new computer you will notice that it only has one partition. It is therefore important to partition your disk for different reasons. Partitioning is segmenting of local hard drive to different sections. Imagine when you accidentally delete or format the partition on your Mac (macOS High Sierra included) and you misplace all your data. Partitioning allows you to store data into different segments thus decreasing cases of data loss. You can also partition your disk to support different operating systems. In this article we will show different partition recovery software for Mac that you can use when never you loss data on your partitions.
- Part 1. The Best Partition Recovery Software You Need
- Part 2. Top 5 Other Partition Recovery Software for Mac
Part 1. The Best Partition Recovery Software You Need
Many people are afraid of losing their important data during the partitioning process. If data loss occurs during partitioning, you can conduct partition recovery with Recoverit - Partition Recovery for Mac.
Free Download Free Download
This application is able to go back to the previous state before the partition process is done and lets you recover the lost partition and the data on the original partition easily with its wizard. It can recover any data, pictures, videos, audios, and any other files from the lost, deleted, resized or corrupted partition. The recovery process is very easy and fast. You do not have to wait for a long time to get your data back.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Recover Partition on Mac
With Recoverit for Mac (macOS 10.13 High Sierra supported), partition data recovery is not a problem anymore. Just download and install it in your Mac and follow the steps below to get back your lost files in a hassles free manner.
Step 1. Choose File Types
Run Recoverit for Mac and choose wanted file types from the main window. Click "Next" button on the bottom of the window.
Step 2. Scan the Target Partition
After partition search is complete, choose the partition that contains your lost files, and click "Start" on the buttom of the window to start scanning the partition.
Step 3. Retrieve the Lost Data
Highlight the files shown in the search results to see whether it is the file you want to recover. You can preview the file at first and then choose the file you want to retrieve and click the "Recover" button. Designate a folder to save the recovered file and click "OK" to begin lost data recovery. Please don't save the retrieved files in the original disk in case the lost data are overwritten permanently.
Free Download Free Download
Note: If you are a user of macOS High Sierra, you must know that this new system do not allow the users to access to the built-in system drive from any apps. So you should disable SIP on Mac firstly before you start recovery.
Part 2. Top 5 Other Partition Recovery Software for Mac
#1. Test Disk
Test Disk is a very useful Mac data recovery software. With this tool, you can retrieve lost hard disk partitions quickly and safely. Even a non-bootable disk can be made bootable once again by using this program. In case your Mac has suffered from a crash due to either virus, human errors like accidental deletion and others, then this is the software to give you a quick fix.
● This tool is capable of recovering NTFS boot sector from its respective backup.
● With this program, you can recover several types of files including FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 files.
● This program can copy files from deleted files and partitions.
● The command prompt interface may not appeal many users.
This is also one of the most powerful partition recovery software for Mac capable of working on all versions of Mac operating systems. This program has some more advanced features which include restoration of deleted, lost or formatted data. You can also retrieve data lost on your portable devices. These portable devices include the likes of pen drive, memory cards, and digital camera.
● This tool is capable of retrieving data from any storage device and disk formats.
● Data Recovery 3 for Mac enables you to preview your files before retrieving.
● This tool is quite compatible with many Mac operating systems.
● It is not very fast to scan the drive.
Mini Tool Mac Data Recovery is one of the best Mac Recovery tools. With this tool, you can recover all types of files. It is capable of recovering various file types including photos, music, video and documents among others. Mini Tool Mac Data Recovery has a data preview feature where you can check your files before performing a recovery. This is important as it prevents recovery of irrelevant files which shall occupy space in your save location for no reason.
● With this tool, you can recover a range of different file types such as photos, music, video, and documents among others from either Mac or from other devices.
● Mini Tool Mac Data Recovery has a good user interface and hence easy to navigate through.
● This program does not support all versions of Mac OS.
4# Disk Drill
Disk Drill excellent software for hard drive data recovery. It is capable of recovering data lost due to hard disk crash. This program supports a range of file recovery such as videos, music, document, and photos among others. A part from being a data recovery tool, it can act as a data protection tool. It does so by protecting accidental deletion and by also backing up failing disks. Disk Drill has a SMART disk, which helps in monitoring the status of the disk.
● Disk Drill allows file preview before recovery.
● With this tool, you can recover any type of file from any storage device.
● With the help of SMART disk feature, you will be able to monitor your hard disk status.
● Disk Drill can not recover all types of files.
5# File Salvage
File Salvage a professional partition recovery software for Mac. It is widely used by professionals and is compatible with any version of Mac. Unlike the other software, File Salvage does not slow down the system.
● This tool does not slow down the system.
● File Salvage is compatible with any Mac version.
● This software consumes fewer resources.
● File Salvage is majorly for professionals. Ordinary users may experience some problems.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
People Also Ask
What's Wondershare ID?
Wondershare ID is an easy way to access Filmora's resources, keep track of your product's activation status, and manage your purchases. Use your Wondershare ID to sign into Filmora and Filmstock. More products and services will be connected in the future. If you want to know how to create and activate a Wondershare ID, please click here >
How to Access to Filmstock / Filmora's Effects?
Filmstock is an amazing source of effects resources for Filmora users to use in their videos! You'll find animated titles, motion graphics, filters, intros, overlays, and more. To get effects packs you need to log in from the Effects Store with your Wondershare ID, and subscribe for access to all Filmora's effects. Click here to learn more details about Filmora's effects.
Does iSkysoft Have More Software Categories to Recommend?
Yes! We are trying our best to help you with smart solutions that makes your digital life become more creative and productive. Click here to know more about what are the best software in different categories and get the one most suitable for you.
You Might Also Like
> Top List > Top 6 Partiotion Recovery Software for Mac
- Disk Drill USB Data Recovery (Windows, Mac) ...
- R-Studio (Windows, Mac, Linux) ...
- DMDE (Windows, Mac, Linux) ...
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery (Windows) ...
- Prosoft Data Rescue 6 (Windows, Mac) ...
- Stellar Data Recovery (Windows, Mac) ...
- SysTools Pen Drive Recovery (Windows)
Apple has included a built-in data backup and recovery program called Time Machine in all modern Mac operating systems. Using this app allows you to create regular backups of all the files in your machine, which you can later use to restore any data that may have been accidentally deleted or lost.Does Apple have a data recovery software? ›
Apple doesn't officially provide data recovery services. You can ask online support, and they will tell you that they only offer data recovery service when you have a backup. But if you do have a backup, you can recover files yourself.Which is better Disk Drill or EaseUS data recovery? ›
When assessing the two solutions, reviewers found EaseUS Data Recovery easier to use and do business with overall. However, reviewers preferred the ease of set up with Disk Drill, along with administration. Reviewers felt that EaseUS Data Recovery meets the needs of their business better than Disk Drill.What is the best disk format for Mac? ›
If you need to format a drive, use the APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format for best performance. If your Mac is running macOS Mojave or later, use the APFS format. When you format a drive, any data on the volume is deleted, so make sure you create a backup if you want to keep the data.How do I recover files from a corrupted hard drive Mac? ›
- Launch Terminal.
- Type the following: diskutil repairVolume /Volumes/X, replacing X with the drive name.
- Press Enter.
- Disk Utility will now attempt to repair your disk – wait for the process to finish.
- Check the results – the tool will inform you if the operation was successful or not.
Step 1: Log in to iCloud. Step 2: You can find the recently deleted files in iCloud Drive by clicking the Recently Deleted button at the bottom of the window. Step 3: The next step is to click Recover All or select the items you want to restore and click Recover..How do you permanently erase data so that it Cannot be recovered from Mac? ›
- Open Disk Utility, ...
- At command prompt, type diskutil secureErase freespace then hit Return. ...
- On the popup window, specify Name, Scheme, and Format.
- Click Security Options, then drag the slider to choose the number of passes to overwrite the erased data.
Recuva - Hard Disk Recovery Software (Windows) Piriform Recuva is widely used among users who have lost files accidentally.What is the best format recovery software? ›
Best Completely Free Data Recovery Software. Recuva is one of today's most popular recovery solutions among Windows, Mac, and mobile phone users. It can also be used to recover data from external and USB drives.
Disk Drill lets you recover up to 500 MB of data for free while testing the software with its trial version. Downloading the free tool gives you access to the enhanced data protection features and allows you to see how well the application works before making a purchase.Which tool is available in macOS recovery? ›
Disk Utility: Repair or erase your disk. In the Recovery app, select Disk Utility, then click Continue. To return to the Recovery app, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility. See Erase and reinstall macOS.How much does Mac data recovery cost? ›
Accidental Deletion: $100 to $300
In addition, when you format the Mac, it becomes easy to recover lost data because the data exists physically in the storage disk of your Mac. The average recovery cost ranges from $100 to $300.
- iMyFone D-Back.
- Disk Drill 4.
- iMobie PhoneRescue.
- EaseUS MobiSaver.
- Enigma Recovery.
- Primo iPhone Data Recovery.
Most PCs use the GUID Partition Table (GPT) disk type for hard drives and SSDs. GPT is more robust and allows for volumes bigger than 2 TB. The older Master Boot Record (MBR) disk type is used by 32-bit PCs, older PCs, and removable drives such as memory cards. You don't usually have to worry about partition style.Which disk format is best? ›
- NTFS file format: If you want to format your primary drive (with your OS), you must use NTFS (New Technology Files System), the default and modern Windows file system. ...
- With basic file security and support for files over 4 GB in size, NTFS is the best option when transferring large files.
APFS is also more reliable, leading to less file corruption when compared to Mac OS Extended. This, alongside its speed and optimization improvements, makes APFS a great file system format. The biggest downside to using APFS is that Macs with older macOS versions (macOS 10.12.How do I fix a corrupted hard drive that won't boot? ›
- Restart the computer.
- Open the BIOS.
- Select the Boot option from the drop-down menu.
- Change the order of the options such that the hard disc is the first option.
- Save these options.
- Restart the computer again.
You can fix a corrupted hard drive by running the CHKDSK command in Command Prompt. Caution: The CHKDSK command known for scanning and repairing drive, allow to use /f and /r attributes to fix the corruption in the hard disk.What do I do if my Mac hard drive fails? ›
See Repair a storage device. If you think it's a problem with your Mac or Disk Utility: Quit and reopen Disk Utility or restart your Mac, then open Disk Utility again and check the RAID set. If you're using a mirrored RAID set: Disconnect the disk and then reconnect it. Open Disk Utility and repair the disk.
Apart from third-party data recovery software, the only built-in utility you can trust to recover permanently deleted files is Time Machine. Time Machine is the backup utility on Mac, it saves the selected files to a backup disk.Can I restore Mac without Time Machine? ›
Yes, it is possible to restore Mac files without Time Machine backup. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can help you recover lost files on Mac in three simple steps: 1. Launch the software and scan your Mac.How do I restore my Mac without a recovery partition? ›
If your Mac is missing a Recovery partition, then you may be able to restore it, by resetting your PRAM. To reset the PRAM, restart your Mac while holding down the 'Command+Option+P+R' keys until you hear macOS' distinctive startup chimes for a second time.How do you wipe a hard drive of all information so it Cannot be recovered? ›
Click Update and Security, then “Recovery” in the sidebar. Under “Reset this PC,” click “Get started,” then “Remove everything.” When you get to the “Additional settings” screen, click “Change settings” and make sure the “Clean data” and “Delete files from all drives” options are enabled.
Go to Settings > Security > Advanced and tap Encryption & credentials. Select Encrypt phone if the option isn't already enabled. Next, go to Settings > System > Advanced and tap Reset options. Select Erase all data (factory reset), and press Delete all data.How do you force a Mac to erase? ›
Choose Apple menu > Restart, then immediately press and hold Command-R. In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue. In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.Which tool can recover deleted or lost partitions? ›
Scan Your Storage Device
Disk Drill is easily the best partition recovery software for Windows. It can recover deleted or lost partition on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11 and earlier with its advanced filtering options and reliable recovery mechanisms.
DBAN is a free program that will erase all data on your hard drive, including any operating system and files. It's important to note that once DBAN is finished, your hard drive will be completely blank – there's no going back!How do you recover a corrupted hard drive? ›
- Check the Hard Disk.
- Run Antivirus.
- Run SFC Scan.
- Use CMD Command.
- Try CMD Alternative.
- Update the Disk Driver.
- Use Data Recovery Tool.
- Download and Install Disk Drill USB Data Recovery Software for Mac.
- Connect the USB flash drive to your machine.
- Scan your flash drive for lost data.
- Preview and mark the recoverable items.
- Finalize the recovery with the selected files.
- Connect a hard drive or USB drive to your computer. ...
- Open the Recovery Disk Assistant application. ...
- Accept the license agreement. ...
- Select the disk and then click Continue.
- Authenticate with your administrator username and password.
- Connect the USB to your MacBook.
- Open Disk Utility by following Applications → Utilities → Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar on the left, click on your disk name.
- Before formatting the disk, make sure it's backed up.
- Click on Erase.
- You can click the link to check how to boot Mac into Disk Utility. ...
- Choose "View" and then click "Show All Devices". ...
- Select your corrupted USB flash drive and click "First Aid".
- Click "Run" to repair the corrupted USB on your Mac.
- Step 1: Go to Mac Trash Bin.
- Step 2: Find the lost files.
- Step 3: Right click on the file you want to get back.
- Step 4: Press the “Put Back” button. ...
- Step 1: Enable hidden files.
- Step 2: Go and recheck the trash.
- Step 3: Recover and save your desired files once visible.
Check the power, port, and cable connections: Make sure the USB device is turned on and its cables are properly connected. If your computer has more than one USB port , switch the device's cable to another port. If you still can't use the device, contact the manufacturer for more information.What happens when Mac recovery mode doesn't work? ›
- Try again – and make sure you are using the right key combination. ...
- Check your keyboard. ...
- Try a different way to access Recovery mode (M-series Macs) ...
- Try alternative Recovery options (Intel Macs) ...
- Check if your Recovery partition is there/working.
- In the search box on the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. ...
- When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.
- Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next.
- Select Create.
What Format Should a USB Be for Mac? If you're only going to use the flash drive on a Mac, then I would recommend that you use Apple's Mac OS Extended. If you want to use it on both Mac and Windows, then you should format the USB Flash drive to FAT32 so that you can use it on both operating systems.What software creates bootable macOS? ›
DiskMaker X Pro
It's the easiest way to build an OS X/macOS Installer in a few clicks! Then you can use the Install drive to fully re-install the OS on a freshly formated drive, or install it on your many Macs without re-downloading the full installer. DiskMaker X is not and won't be compatible with macOS Big Sur.
Open Startup Disk in System Preferences. If it shows in the list, it should be bootable.
You cannot use Rufus for Mac unless you install Windows on your computer and install the software afterward. This is because the tool is designed solely for Windows XP/7/8/10 with a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.How do I know if my USB is corrupted? ›
When your USB drive gets corrupted or damaged, you will get an error message like "Please Insert Disk into Removable Disk". The other common errors: "USB Device Not Recognized or Malfunctioned", "you need to format the disk before using it". The error is a clear indicator of a corrupt flash drive controller software.What happens if USB is corrupted? ›
Signs of a Corrupted USB
A “File is not recognized” prompt when opening files from the USB. Being prompted with a message that says “Please insert a disk into USB Drive (H:)”, even when the USB is connected to the computer. The USB is not showing in Windows as a storage device when it's connected to the computer.
If your USB flash drive gets corrupted, and you can't open or access files in it, you can use this reliable third-party data recovery program to recover files with ease. Download this USB repair tool to recover files from corrupted USBs as long as your device can still be recognized by your computer.