- Screen recording can come in handy when you are creating instructional or gameplay videos.
- There are plenty of options to choose from, but we have listed some of the best screen recorders you can choose from.
- Even the free version of some of the screen recorders mentioned in this list is sufficient enough and feature-loaded.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows 11 issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
There are several reasons you might use screen recorder software. You can use it to record instructions for helping someone with troubleshooting their PC, or you can record a gameplay video and share it on the internet.
These are just a few use case scenarios of screen recorder software. However, the question arises as to which screen recorder software you should install on your PC.
It is where this guide comes into the picture. Because, in this post, we will share with you a curated list of some of the best screen recorder software for Windows 11.
Since Windows 11 is the latest operating system and many people have already migrated over to it, it is the reason we will be sharing compatible screen recorders for Windows 11, but you can also check out the best recorder software for Windows 10.
Without any further ado, let us jump right in.
What are the things to keep in mind before selecting a screen recorder for Windows 11?
Screenshots are great and they can help you make someone understand some complicated thing, or instruct them on how to maneuver a tool or an app.
However, often, a complete screen-recorded video can be more beneficial than a single image. Because the video gives you a complete guide on how to go about doing something on your PC.
You can also use a screen recorder on your Windows 11 machine to create an instructional video, video tutorial, learning course, or even create product-related videos for marketing.
There are a host of use-case scenarios for screen recording apps, but there is no shortage of screen recording apps on the internet for Windows 11.
This is where things might get a bit complicated. We get confused when we have a bunch of options. To clear that out, we have listed some of the important points you should keep in mind before selecting a screen recorder for Windows 11.
- The screen recorder’s user interface should be easy to understand and use.
- If it comes with an in-built editing tool, then it would be a great package.
- The tool should feature some advanced screen recording options.
- Is the software available for free? If not, then does it justify its pricing.
- The screen recording software should be less resource intensive.
- Is it compatible with the Windows 11 operating system?
- Does the software receive regular updates?
- Lastly, but most importantly, reviews of actual users of the software.
Well, you can, of course, test and trial, but these points will help you avoid wasting time and may get you the correct software for screen recording.
Let us now take a look at the list of some of the best screen recorder apps for Windows 11.
Wondershare DemoCreator – Best real-time screen drawing feature
Wondershare DemoCreator, which was previously known as Filmora Scrn, is a recording and video editing software for Windows 11.
Wondershare, as you might have known because of its popular Filmora video editing tool and other tools, has developed this screen recorder.
With this tool, you will be able to capture anything on your PC’s home screen, webcam, audio from the system, as well as your mic.
It lets you draw or annotate anything on the screen in real-time and also offers various mouse highlighting effects.
In addition to this, Wondershare DemoCreator also allows you to zoom and pan on a particular section of your screen while recording, pretty easily.
Some of the key features of Wondershare DemoCreator:
- It allows for real-time screen drawing
- Lets you record a custom area of your screen
- Gives you the option of pan and zoom to highlight a particular area
- A full-fledged video editing suite
DemoCreator from Wondershare is another amazing screen recording app that allows quick and easy access with great results.
Check price Visit website
Loom – Integration with apps
Another best free screen recorder for Windows 11 is Loom. There are paid options available as well, which will unlock the advanced features of this tool.
It lets you record your screen or a specific app, lets you share the recorded video with anyone with the instant link that it generates, offers an in-built video editing tool, etc.
With the free plan, you can record in 720p resolution. However, the premium plans unlock this limitation, and you will be able to record at up to 4K UHD resolution with Loom.
Other features of Loom include do not disturb mode, annotation and drawing tools, video thumbnail customizer, password protection for videos, integrations with apps such as Slack, Notion, etc.
Some of the highlights of the Loom screen recorder app are:
- Offers in-buit video editing tool
- Allows you to record in up to 4K UHD
- Gives you integration with apps such as Slack, Notion, GitHub, etc.
- When video recording, the do not disturb mode prevents any pop-ups from appearing.
Take your screen recording experience to the next level with this amazing software today.
Free trial Visit websiote
Bandicam – Good 4K record feature
The first screen recorder for Windows 11 on our list is Bandicam. It is a very popular screen recording app that is used by millions of users across the globe.
The most important thing that makes it so popular is the list of features the Bandicam comes with. You can draw or outline in real-time on your videos, making it easier to create instructional videos.
You can insert a webcam overlay of yourself over the screen recording, which is beneficial for instructional or gameplay videos.
Other features include the option of scheduled recording, the ability to record the system and your voice together, mouse click animation and effects while recording, support for Chrome Key for webcam overlay, and much more.
Bandicam lets you save your recordings in MP4 or AVI file formats. Using this software, you can record 4K UHD videos, with support for up to 480 FPS videos.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click hereto download and start repairing.
Here are some of the best features of Bandicam:
- Gives you the option to draw in real-time over your recording
- Support for Chrome Key for webcam overlay
- Offers schedule recording feature
- Can also capture only a certain area of your screen
- Several mouse click effects while recording
Bandicam offers you access to a plethora of useful features that will make your screen recording experience easier than ever.
Check price Visit website
Apowersoft Screen Recorder – Multiple output formats supporter
If you are looking for a simple screen recording software, then you should consider Apowersoft Screen Recorder. You can even use it as a web-based screen recording tool, which negates the need to install the software.
On the other hand, there is the option to download the Apowersoft screen recorder as an app on your Windows 11 PC as well.
You can record anything happening on your screen, be it a video stream, instructional video, live chat, etc. Moreover, Apowersoft lets you export your recordings in popular formats such as MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF, and GIF.
The user interface is simple, and all you need to do is hit the record button to start your recording session. Furthermore, you can also record a certain section of your screen using this tool.
It gives you the option to annotate in real-time, capture video on your screen and record audio from a mic simultaneously, insert webcam recording, and more.
Some of the key highlights of the Apowersoft screen recorder are:
- Lets you annotate, highlight, or draw in real-time
- The interface is really easy to understand
- Gives you the option to record video and audio at the same time
- Available as a web-based tool as well
- Supports multiple output formats
Apowersoft Screen Recorder
Experience seamless screen recording with this user-friendly and efficient software today!
Check price Visit website
Camtasia – All-in-One software
Camtasia is an all-in-one software. Notably, it lets you edit your videos as well as let you record anything on your screen.
There is a huge collection of templates that you can select and add to your videos. The favorites and presets options let you access your favorite tools easily.
The screen recording feature lets you record your video calls, PowerPoint presentations, websites, or gameplay. You can select whether you want to record the entire screen, a specific area of the screen, a window, or an application.
Other features of Camtasia, which make it an all-rounder for screen recording and editing, include webcam capture, mic, and system audio recording, annotations, cursor effects, applying device frames, and more.
Here are the best features of Camtasia that you should look out for:
- Provides a powerful video editing tools
- Mulitple options for screen recording
- Gives you the option to add different cursor effects
- Add quizzes to your video, select from thousands of templates, and use visual effects
Camtasia enables you to quickly and efficiently record your computer screen and offers some great results.
Check price Visit website
ShareX – Amazing free features
A popular open-source screen recording application that you can use is called ShareX. Along with being a screen recording app, it is also an efficient screenshot tool.
There are various capture methods you can use on ShareX, including monitor menu recording, active window recording, custom region recording, etc.
The best thing about ShareX is that you can enjoy all these and more features free of charge. It is rare for an app to offer so many features for free.
You can capture GIFs as well as video files. Moreover, there aren’t any watermarks slapped on your recordings. However, the UI can be a bit overwhelming for some, which you will easily crack after a few minutes of usage.
It comes with a video converter, a video thumbnail, an image editor, and a bunch of other tools that would facilitate your recordings.
Here are the best features of ShareX:
- Gives you a lot of screen recording options to choose from
- You can use the hotkeys to start/stop video recording and GIF capturing
- It is a lightweight screen recording app
- Available free of cost
Screencast-O-Matic – Built-in video editor
Screencast-O-Matic is another popular alternative for screen recording. This software comes with a good set of features, and the premium version of the app is also affordable.
Just like other screen recording apps for Windows, this one also lets you capture a specific area of your screen. Additionally, you can also add narration using your mic to the screen recording.
There is a nice drawing tool available, which gives you the option to annotate, scribble, or draw anything on the ongoing recording.
You can even add stock music or automated captions using the in-built tool. Screencast-O-Matic offers a script editor from which you can import scripts and bring perfection to your video recordings.
Some of the best aspects of Screencast-O-Matic are:
- Has affordable premium version with advanced options
- Offers you stock muci and option to add automated captions
- Has an in-built video editor
- Share videos with the generated link on popular websites such as YouTube, Microsoft Teams, Twitter, etc.
What are some key points to remember when screen recording?
Screen recording, for some, may look like a regular task they would do on their computers. But there are a few things that we would like to advise our readers on.
These tips will not only help you get the optimal video recording but also help you stay safe so that you don’t share too much of your personal information.
Here are some tips that will help you to capture the best screen recording:
- Make sure your mic is turned on, and your camera is clean and clear.
- Avoid opening too many programs. Let the resources be used by the recorder to avoid stutters during recording.
- Prevent yourself from entering your personal information, such as usernames, passwords, social security numbers, healthcare numbers, etc., during a video recording, especially during live streaming.
- If you think your background isn’t good enough for video recording, then you can make use of a green screen to change it as per your genre.
- Use tool such as a mouse highlighter or annotater to point out key things in your videos.
Let us know your thoughts on this topic. You can also mention your favorite screen recorder for Windows 11 in the comments section.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommenddownloading this PC Repair tool(rated Great onTrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click theStart Scanbutton and then press onRepair All.
This article covers:Topics:
- screen recorder
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation
Leave a Reply
How to Record PC SCREEN & GAMEPLAY in 2022 - YouTubeHow do I record my screen on PC 11? ›
Hit the Windows Key + Alt + R to start screen recording. A small recording widget showing how long you've been recording appears somewhere on the screen, most likely in a corner.Does Windows 11 have screen recorder? ›
Screen Recorder for Windows 11 is a free screen recorder. This free screen recorder is used to record gameplay, conference, lectures, etc. [Key Featuers] - Record HD videos with no watermark. - Unlimited recording time.Which is the No 1 screen recorder app? ›
One of the well-known screen recorder apps for Android, AZ Screen Recorder, is most likely most of you might have used or heard about it. With multiple functions similar to DU Recorder, AZ Screen Recorder provides loads of customisations and settings for recording your phone's screen.What is the most high quality screen recorder? ›
- Camtasia. Best screen recording software overall. ...
- Loom. Best screen recording software for online sharing. ...
- Movavi. Best screen recording software for Mac users. ...
- Nvidia ShadowPlay. Best screen recording software for gaming. ...
- OBS Studio.
- Loom for quickly recording and sharing on the desktop.
- Screencast-O-Matic for mobile screen recording.
- Camtasia for advanced video editing.
- OBS for advanced recording tools and live streaming.
- Movavi Screen Recorder for screen capture when you're away from your desk.
- ConnectWise Control.
- In the Start menu or search bar, type "Sound" and click on the "Sound Control panel" option.
- Click on device you would like to configure.
- From here you can rename, disable, or otherwise change and verify your sound device.
- Go to Quick Settings (or search for) “Screen recorder”
- Tap the app to open it.
- Choose your sound and video quality settings and click Done.
- Launch Bandicam and select the suitable recording mode, such as "Rectangle on a screen" or "Fullscreen."
- After selecting the recording region, press the "REC" button to start recording.
How to Screen Record with Audio on Windows 11 or 10 PC - YouTubeIs there a Microsoft screen recorder? ›
To record your screen, you must use the latest Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on Windows 10 or macOS. Learn about supported browsers and limitations. Select Create > Record screen in Microsoft Stream. When prompted by your browser, select Allow Microsoft Stream (Classic) to use your camera and microphone.Does Windows 11 have black screen? ›
Some users get a black screen even before the login screen on Windows 11. It means that Windows is not properly loading, and there might be some internal system issues. In such cases, you can't access the Task Manager or restart Explorer. So you need to kickstart Windows 11's troubleshooter to fix the problem.Which software is best for PC screen recording? ›
- Loom. ...
- iSpring Suite. ...
- Camtasia. ...
- Filmora Scrn. ...
- Movavi Screen Recorder. ...
- My Screen Recorder Pro. ...
- FlashBack. ...
Use the keyboard sequence (Win+Alt+R by default) to start and end recording sessions with ease. You'll know that recording is in progress once you see a small timer on your screen. Here, you may also turn the microphone off and stop the recording process.How do I record my screen on Windows 11 with sound? ›
How to Screen Record with Audio on Windows 11 or 10 PC - YouTubeDoes OBS studio support Windows 11? ›
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) Studio is free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming on Windows 11, Mac, or Linux.